Monday, October 13, 2008

Senz

I'm exhausted (I fell asleep in the satff meeting this afternoon)! I helped unpack a few boxes on Thurday and was then back bright and early on Friday morning to help in Donna's awesome distressing class. That for me was the best one of the weekend. Back downstairs to help at the stand again and it was VERY busy. We all went to dinner at Curry Workz in Upper Hutt and I can thoroughly recommend them.

I spent the night at the NZIC student accommodation was although simple was very comfortable. In our wing, there were 11 bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchnette area and a lounge with a TV. It was very warm in the room and I got up during the night to open the window, but better too warm at night than too cold. Only problem was some "Expo groupies" who appear to have been to every expo possible. They were wide awake at 6.30 am and shouting to each other. As another lady said, they're like kids on a tour

Back to Senz and straight into helping Trina's beading class. There was a bit of an oopsie with the materials list which had me running downstairs to get some dimensional magic. It was a cool class and Trace, Mandy and Kelly have photos. A quick early lunch and then I helped in Donna's Christmas acrylic class. I left early as we had a wedding to attend.

Sunday morning when the alarm went at 7.30am, I wished I wasn't a person who cared about commitments as it was soooo tempting to stay in bed! Off I went to help in Trina's Little boxes class, then back to the stand. At 1.50pm Andrea told me to go and do Vicky's class! There I went with nothing except a pair of scissors and a pen because I had no photos I couldn't really do much but I will finish it as I liked the technique. Lee said I could share her things, but I didn't need to

I don't think any of us were sad when 4.30pm came and we could start packing. I had to laugh at Andrea: she put a box under the Making Memories product and just swished it in with her arm! Packing up all the paper was my job and that took me one-and-a-half hours to do! There was just a little bit of beautiful paper there!

It was great to meet people I had only "met" on line: Trace, Shell, Yvonne, Nic, Lee and others. It was wonderful seeing Nik and others again. Thanks to SBO for the opportunity to spend time with them again

6 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

Falling asleep in a staff meeting ... oh no!!! Hope you don't have to go and sit outside the principal's office for a growling - couldn't resist ... sorry! LOL.

Sounds as though it was full on.

Unknown said...

That sounds like a fantastic although tiring time. I am glad that you got to actually take a class even if you didn't have anything prepared for it.

Anonymous said...

uh-oh about falling asleep in the staff meeting! It was fun to meet all our cyber buddies in teh flesh - and I was amazed at your energy in the classes and on teh stand. I don't think I could have handled being around that many people for so long!

Tracy said...

What a great summary of Senz, sounds like you were super busy!! the classes sound fantastic!! lol at falling asleep in your meeting today! :0

Penny said...

What a great experience :)
Glad you got to take a class and see all those folks.

As for staff meetings.. pah! They need to liven things up so you don't go to sleep! LOL!

Trace said...

I'm not suprised you fell asleep, you were working like a trooper every time I saw you!