Monday, October 27, 2008

Labour Weekend

We headed north (along with most of Wellington) to Rotorua to catch up with my SIL's niece, hubby and children. They arrived a short while ago from South Africa and due to job constraints are having to live split up in Rotorua and Auckland. Their little boys are 5 and 2.5 and really took to Ross and Colin. Anyway, Adrian decided we had to go in his car as it's much cheaper on fuel than my car. The kids wanted to go in my car as it's way more comfortable and has more space so they got as much as they could legitimately say they needed to pack into the car. Well, Adrian had a fit at all the luggage and the boys and I just burst out laughing. Eventually we were all rolling around laughing but we did go in Adrian's car :-( However, he did admit while we were there that we should have taken my car


All photos blurred

Please note the matching clothes and poses! All chosen by the five year old in the photo!
Ash and I scrapped most of the weekend (I did six l/os and was pleased with most of them) and the six boys watched TV and played.
We went out to Rotorua Airport where Andy does tandem ski jumps to watch him do a couple of jumps.

And then we couldn't not go to our favourite Waikite Pools.


On our way home we saw a steam train outing and got a loud "toot-toot" from the driver when he saw me taking photos



5 comments:

Trace said...

Always nice to get away for a long weekend, and so lovely that you got to catch up with family too Jenny.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic to catch up with family. Love the little guys enjoying hte company of your big boys - so funny to see how the little ones look up to their "Big Cousins". That steam train looked very cool - I keep meaning to take mine to either the Silverstream one, or the one that I think connects with daffodils in Carterton... but always remember too late!

Penny said...

Hope they can find work together (in either place) soon.
Nice to catch up with family though - good the boys got along so nicely.

Those pools look nice!

Mrs Frizz said...

A soak in a hot pool ... bliss!!!

Good to hear that you had a nice relaxing weekend and even found time for a little creativity.

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Thanks for writing! I'm glad that you found my blog and had the opportunity to make yours so pretty! I just love the colors on this layout and header.

I noticed that some of the faces on these photos are skewed. Did you intentionally do that or was it your camera? I thought it was interesting that some faces are fine in the photo while another is not....just curious.

The photos are cute nonetheless!