Monday, October 06, 2008

A delivery

On Friday Andrea asked me if she could redirect 20 boxes of stuff for SENZ to my address. Actually she had no option - it was an address in Wellington or returned to Aus. Of course I said yes but I did wonder how to break the news to Adrian.

Well, this morning just before we got up, I casually mentioned "a few boxes - maybe ten". I got up showered and dressed so I was ready.

Just before 8.30am a huge Road Star truck pulled up and a very grumpy driver got out and asked where I wanted the pallet.

"Pallet? I said "It was supposed to be broken down into boxes". And the voice from inside "PALLET???!!! was not good either. He wanted to know exactly how many boxes were coming.

Grumpy told me he would put the pallet on the driveway or on the pavement. No, I said, neither was convenient especially as Adrian still had to go to work. After a bit of discussion (including how Pak 'n' Save get their deliveries ..... but I'm not Pak 'n' Save) Grumpy left. He wouldn't even wait for me to phone DHL

I phoned Andrea in a state and she was extremely concerned that Grumpy would drive back to Auckland without leaving the boxes behind. I was not happy at that point

After a nail-biting few hours Grumpy returned; actually I think it was his way more pleasant twin brother. He unloaded all the boxes, discussed with me the damaged boxes and even helped me write the correct wording on the delivery note.

The boxes are now safely stored inside. In hindsight it was very funny, but not at the time

Roll on Thursday

4 comments:

Roo said...

Oh no for grumpy truck driver. But glad it all got sorted in the end. Lol at Adrian's "pallet??"

Penny said...

oh dear! But LOL at Adrian's horror!

Mrs Frizz said...

You could have had the whole shipment redirected to my place ... truly!!! I would have rung Andrea. Enjoy SENZ.

Sonya said...

Hehe, What a start to your day! Some people are just so miserable that the only thing you can really do is feel sorry for them A!