Wednesday, July 09, 2008

This and That

Yay for wonderful school holidays! I didn't really sleep well the first few night of the hols because I'm stressing about school, but I've put it behind me as I've made some decisions about my future there.

Then I haven't been sleeping well because I caught a cold (but not the "man -cold" that has also been here).

The boys have been quite good so far - minimum bickering and lots of playing. They are both out at the moment so I managed to get a lot done at the shops earlier. Now I'm just enjoying the peace and quiet! And surfing and visiting blogs that I haven't seen for awhile. (By the way, Tracy - I am unable to leave comments on your blog). I should have been sewing some trousers for myself but I can do that tomorrow.

It has been soooo cold here and a lot of the roads around National Park have been closed - as long as they're not closed when I go up there! I have been getting things ready for Colin to take with him including having to go to the inefficient Postie+ to buy school pants for him. We got them in the end!

Snapfish had a photo collage promotion and I ordered one for Colin to take with him. I was going to do a little mini-album but decided that a collage would be nicer. I also got one for myself. Then I got some nice frames at Briscoes and yes they were on sale - 40% off!













"Pieces of Me" is for Colin and "These I Love" is for me.


I also got a bargain at Spotlight - a trolley bag for my sewing machine. I take it with me every Monday night and it is heavy and Spotlight had a 50% off today so I got a nice tapestry one for $50! I can just see A's face - he'll say "not another one"! At least I don't have to carry my sewing machine now.

Also, I got a new disc from Esselte for my WishBlade - only one cutting program was working and when I asked for the third disc in February they told me I didn't need it. Anyway, in the last few weeks I emailed and emailed and emailed. Finally they admitted that it may well be because I had version 4.0 and maybe I should have had version 3.1. The disc was couried to me, I unistalled and reinstalled and voila - my WB now cuts in both programs!

I must say that as the time gets closer to taking Colin to school I am getting sadder, but it's such a wonderful opportunity for him and I'll see hime every two weeks.

PS I sold one of my tea cosies on Felt! Yay!

7 comments:

Roo said...

It is sad when our babies leave to go somewhere but it is such a wonderful opportunity and you will still get to visit :-)
Hope school things settle down for you.
Love those photo collages - cool idea.

Anonymous said...

wow you have been busy Jenny. I was ummming and ahhing over the snapfish offer, but the collages look great. Myabe next time. We are getting a soft covered photobook from them instead for my mother in laws upcoming birthday. Yes this weather is playing havoc, but like you said as long as its fine for when you go up there thats all that matters. You have had some good little bargins there Jenny.

Mrs Frizz said...

Awesome - both collage layouts look great framed like that and I'm sure Colin will treasure his while he is away.

You will be fine ... and as you said, you will see him every two weeks.

Tracy said...

Love your photo collages Jenny, lovely idea for colin to take with him. Sounds like your holidays are going well. Sorry you can't leave comments, do you have a wordpress sign in? I have just had a look and can't work out why, very frustrating

Anonymous said...

Wow love the photo collages... they are absolutley stunning.... and YAH for the sewing machine bag.... love the deals at Spotlight...... I myself have only just gotten a bag for my scrap stuff..... yah for trolley bags....

Penny said...

Yuk - I hope the school thing resolves. Job issues eh? They stink.

The collages look great, and a nice thing for Colin to take with him. At least it's not toooo far away.

Yay for Felt sales!

Lara said...

will be sad, but hopefully exciting too! I'm still waiting for my DMax canvas pics... your collages look good.
Hope your school issues get sorted with your decisions!