Sunday, July 20, 2008

Home again

Here we are home from a week away. We first went to a farm near Rotorua and it was so wonderful! It is the Apple Tree Farm Cottage and was very cosy and comfortable. The kids loved playing with the farm kids and animals. We went to Waikite pools twice, found Butcher's Pool )tucked away where no one can find them), went up the Gondola and the boys all went on the Luge. We saw a bit of Andy who is my SIL's nephew-in-law whose family are moving to NZ soon to join him.



Then we went to National Park. It poured with rain all weekend but I scrapped on Saturday - all the boys' soccer photos from the last five or six years! I have dragged that pack of photos etc all round NZ so I'm so pleased that they're done! I do need to do some journalling though.

Then it was time to say goodbye to my baby - and I admit I cried in front of him and I didn't want to do that. He is going to have such a wonderful time and his new "mum" is going to spoil him rotten! Then I drove all the way home (310 kms) with just Ross in the car. e did really ell and were home in 4 hours without going over the speed limit. I was really proud of myself when I got home.

And while we were away I won a prize at SBO!

7 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

Sounds as though you had fun while you were away. Good on you for finally getting those soccer pics scrapped, albeit for the journalling.

And just remember the young man is only a phone call away.

Take care.

Trace said...

Well done on the drive home Jenny. And your young man knows how much you love him, and a few tears just reinforces that. Glad to see you had a great week away - those hot pools sound blissful right now!

Penny said...

I admit I always feel like crying/get teary when Tim goes to stay with Nan or Gran.

Hot pools... man I could love me one right now.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Jenny. You made good time on that trip home too. You know what sometimes I still cry when I say goodbye to my folks. The time will past so quickly and how cool is it that you can go up there by train or car to see him.

Tracy said...

Great news! Nothing wrong with a cry every now and then :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a relaxing holiday. Congrats on getting all those photos done, that is phenomenal.
And congrats on the win. Hope you enjoy your prize.

Paula said...

Wow Jenny just catching up. I can't believe you went to Butcher's Pool. That is where I was bought up & it was the spot all the girls & boys went to hook up (if you know what I mean - LOL). Cheers Paula