Sunday, October 08, 2006

Rotorua - Saturday - coming home

Saturday saw the end of our week in Rotorua. We stopped off for a last swim at the Waikite pools and then headed south. Coming into Taupo, there was not a cloud in the sky and of course the mountains were really clear. We stopped in Turangi for a quick cup of coffee with my friend Julie and then set off again.








It had been very cold in Wellington and on the Desert Road during the week, and just at the Tukino ski field turn off I saw some snow. I turned off and I had barely stopped the car and the boys were all out having such fun. It didn't seem to matter that they had no shoes or warm tops - they just played as it is the first time that they remember seeing any form of snow.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful holiday.

I hope you are all relaxed heading into the new school term.

Lynda said...

Gorgeous pics Jenny, sounds like a wonderful holiday and relaxing break was had by all. That mud bath looks very interesting, although with the cold shower I might take a miss on that!

Oscar T. Grouch said...

SO cool, glad you all had a good time. We are supposed to get that white stuff ourselves today. YUCK. Glad you had a good time. Those mineral baths look delicious.

wes said...

Hi Jenny!

Great blog and great to meet you at the Scrapped thing! Glad to see you're "blowing off steam" in the thermals.

wes

Lara said...

great holiday pics jenny - sounds like it was a great trip!